Hello Mages. In this week's build, we've made many changes to Arcane as well as a few updates to the other specs to address recent concerns about talents and GCD usage.General Mage Changes
Runa de poder
- Reflejo exacto damage greatly reduced, Descarga de Escarcha added to all Reflejo exacto, and while your images are active, damage taken is reduced by 20%. Reflejo exacto direct damage will cause one of your images to dissipate.
Developers' notes: The goal is to push Reflejo exacto away from a DPS cooldown and give it a defensive component. Now, only taking direct damage will cause an image to dissipate and there is an ICD of 2 seconds to ensure at least a 6 second uptime when taking damage.
has been reworked to cast at your location when you use one of either Combustión
, Poder Arcano
, or Venas heladas
, depending on your spec.
- Developers' notes: This change is aimed to help with the cast time and GCD utilization at the beginning of an encounter, while remaining viable in your opener as a high burst window.
The following Arcane changes are focused on reducing ramp up time, as well as opening up more talent options based on the content you're running.
- Poder Arcano cooldown reduced to 2 minutes (was 3 minutes).
- Toque de los magi now generates 4 Arcane Charges on cast.
- New Talent: Dominar el tiempo – Reduces the cooldown of Alter Time by 30 seconds. Alter Time resets the cooldown of Traslación when you return to your original location.
- Alter Time has been moved to Level 24 for Arcane mages.
- Resonancia damage per target hit with Tromba Arcana increased to 15% (was 10%).
- Al máximo removed.
Developers' notes: Toque de los magi will now generate 4 charges baseline. This opens up the Level 35 tier for more viable options that focus heavily on dealing AoE damage.
New Level 35 Talent: Eco Arcano
– Direct damage you deal to enemies affected by Toque de los magi
, causes an explosion that deals Arcane damage to 8 nearby enemies. Anomalía temporal
now grants Distorsión temporal
for 6 seconds.
- Developers' notes: A simple change, but this should make Anomalía temporal feel more satisfying as a talent since gaining Distorsión temporal is always a good thing, but gaining Arcane Charges isn't something you'd always necessarily want.
Fire updates are centered around the change that saw Llamas de fénix
baseline as the Ignición
Furia de Alexstrasza
- Llamas de fénix damage increased and recharge time reduced, but no longer guarantees critical hits.
Developers' notes: Llamas de fénix still interacts with Buena racha, so it can benefit within the Combustión window, but outside of that, it will primarily function as a way to spread your Ignición.
– Aliento de dragón
now also gains a 50% increased critical strike damage bonus.
New talent: Desde las cenizas
– Increases Mastery by 2% for each charge of Phoenix Flames off cooldown, and your direct-damage critical strikes reduce its cooldown by 1 second.