Join chef Lulaboo in the kitchen as she talks with World of Warcraft developers while putting her culinary chops to work preparing dishes inspired by the food and ingredients of Azeroth. Then craft them at home!
Watch on BlizzCon.com
on the World of Warcraft Warcraft channel February 20 beginning at 3:15 pm PST.Get the recipes here.
“Bold Dave’s” Fishermans seasoning Mix:
- 1 tablespoon ground dried bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet or smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ Cup Bold Dave’s seasoning mix
- 2 Tablespoons of salt
- 4 Quarts Water
- 1 12 oz can of beer (Ipa, or wheat beer for a less floral flavor) use 2 lemons cut in half if you don't want beer
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut in half
- 1 Large sweet yellow onions
- 2 lbs Andouille sausage cut in chunks
- 6 mini ears of frozen corn, thawed
- 1 lbs Shrimp whole
- 1 lb Crab legs
- In a large 8-quart stockpot, bring water, Dave’s seasoning, salt, and beer to a boil
- Add potatoes and onions to pot and let cook for 8 minutes
- Add corn to pot and let cook for 7 minutes
- Add smoked sausage to pot, cook for 5 minutes
- Add shrimp and crab legs. Let cook for 4 minutes.
- Drain liquid, discard onion and lemons, serve on a lined baking sheet tray or shallow buckets. Dust top of feast with more seasoning mix before serving.
SPINACH BUN RECIPE
Makes 6 BunsIngredients
- 2 Tablespoons warm water
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 3 ½ Cups All purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 1 Cup puree of 100g spinach leaves and ½ Cup water
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter (For after baking)
- Sesame Seeds (Optional)
- 1 egg and 1 Tablespoon water whisked together
- Mix together the first three ingredients to activate yeast in a measuring cup. Set aside for 5-10 minutes
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and sugar. Mix well.
- In the yeast mixture, whisk in oil and egg.. Add spinach puree as well. Combine and then add to flour. Mix until a dough ball forms.
- Knead dough ball on a floured surface for about 7-10 minutes until the dough ball bounces back when lightly pressing it.
- Shape dough into a ball and place into an oiled bowl and cover. Place in the warmest room in your home for 1 hour or until double its size.
- Punch dough down and place dough on floured surface
- Divide dough into 8 pieces and shape into dough balls and place on a lined baking sheet tray.
- Cover and let rise again until doubled in size
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the tops of buns are turning golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds immediately after the buns are removed from the oven.
- Let buns cool completely before slicing for burgers.
Warp BurgerMakes 4 BurgersIngredientsBurger
- 8 Strips of bacon
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Large onion, sliced
- 1 ½ lb 85% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt
- ⅓ Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- Blue Cheese, 6 ounces
- In a saucepan, heat butter and sliced onions on medium-low heat. Stir often. If onions are browning too quickly, reduce heat and let soft simmer for 20 minutes.
- Heat skillet on medium heat and cook bacon strips in batches in skillet. Set cooked bacon aside and reserve half the rendered cooking grease in a separate container. Leave the other half of rendered bacon fat in the pan. Set the skillet aside.
- Mix together Ground beef, mustard, worcestershire, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, egg and all seasonings in a bowl or stand mixer and mix well.
- Shape beef mixture into 4 patties. Shape patties slightly larger than the bun to accommodate for shrinkage. Put a dent in the middle of the beef patty to lessen the “hockey puck” effect.
- Heat skillet on medium heat and cook patties in rendered bacon fat. Cook thin patties for 2 minutes on each side and cook thicker patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or desired doneness.
- Serve on a Burger bun with blue cheese, caramelized onions, and bacon.