en tu navegador.
The Return of Warcraft Radio
18/08/2019 a las 12:48
After nearly 10 years of the Warcraft Radio antennas running dark, Warcraft Radio is lighting up the microphones to go live once again over at
. The first livestream to ever air in the world of Azeroth is back with a mix of returning as well as brand new shows. You can watch their launch stream live TODAY starting at 11am PDT / 2pm EDT / 7pm UK time.
Watch live video from WarcraftRadio on www.twitch.tv
In addition to announcing many new and returning shows, today’s launch stream features an interview with Perculia, the Site Director at Wowhead. Perculia shares how she found World of Warcraft, how she ended up involved with Wowhead, and some insightful details on Wowhead’s storied history. This interview is split in to two parts, so be sure to watch the entire stream!
Charting Warcraft Radio’s journey starts way back in October of 2004 when Gareth “Athalus” Cales decided to create a show based on the original World of Warcraft Beta. As “Saturday Nights with Athalus” gained traction, additional show-hosts such as Daniel “Slanik” Hosford, John “Totalbiscuit” Bain and Kyle “Mickey C” McCarley joined a station brimming with talent. WoW Radio was the exclusive, official live video feed at Blizzcon 2005, an event that was easily the pinnacle of the station’s first two years.
Athalus departed Warcraft Radio in the Spring of 2006 to work in the Video Game industry. The next four years were spent producing a whirlwind of content, covering every Blizzcon through 2009. With the station growing larger, and with team members wanting to expand their horizons to other games, Warcraft Radio was shut down in January 2010. While the team moved on to other projects, most of the Warcraft Radio team continued to play World of Warcraft.
Fast forward almost 10 years and the release of Classic WoW has stirred many of the old station hosts into action. With Athalus at the helm, Warcraft Radio is back with a full complement of team members from the original team. On today’s livestream, Warcraft Radio will announce five new and returning shows that are ready to air on a weekly basis, as well as several projects that are in development. For those that might be looking for something old-school, Warcraft Radio has located old archives for many of their classic shows, and has made links available at
There’s going to be a lot of exciting news on the stream for the next few hours, so do yourself a favor and watch the return of Azeroth’s first livestream! A live Q&A session will take place toward the end of the stream, with questions taken from their Twitch, Twitter, and Discord channels.
After today’s initial launch stream, Warcraft Radio will be airing a set of weekly shows, described below. Additionally, the team plans to have a 24-hour launch stream starting at 6pm EDT on August 27th, to coincide with the release of Classic WoW.
Initial Broadcast Lineup provided by Warcraft Radio
➢ Heart of Azeroth – Sundays @ 2pm EDT
○ Heart of Azeroth is the pinnacle of the weekly schedule, featuring veteran WoW Radio show hosts Gareth “Athalus” Cales and Daniel “Slanik” Hosford, as well as newcomer and 15-year World of Warcraft player Caleb “Mango” Evans. Heart of Azeroth will serve as the station’s primary general-purpose World of Warcraft program, providing commentary on weekly news, events, speculation, community interaction, and more. Special features are also intended for this program, including radio teleplays in the tradition of well known “The Chalice of Silvermoon,” and documentaries such as upcoming “The Quest.”
➢ Classic Completionist – Monday Afternoons @ 6pm EDT
○ Classic Completionist is dedicated to all things World of Warcraft Classic and is hosted by KikiJiki, former co-host of the EPIC show with TotalBiscuit. With Kikijiki’s unique perspective on classic from his time as a server leading raid leader, as well as his in-depth Classic knowledge, this show will provide viewers with everything that they could ever want in order to get the most out of WoW Classic.
➢ You Think You Do, But You Don’t – Fridays @ 4pm EDT
○ “You Think You do but you don't is a show hosted by Almighty Farseer (Essence of RP), Kexman (Essence of RP & Cutting Edge) and Dunkurk, three members of the WoW Radio community going back to 2008 and seasoned veterans of World of Warcraft itself. With three varied viewpoints, the show brings together their shared and often clashing opinions and ideas about Warcraft in its current state and the future, including decisions made by Blizzard Entertainment themselves. The show will focus on what path seems the best for the game, through story, leveling and end-game content.
➢ Vendor Trash – Saturdays @ 3pm EDT
○ Vendor Trash is a light-hearted, community focused discussion show hosted by Daniel "Slanik" Hosford. Each week Slanik discusses current events in WoW from his own "unique" perspective, while encouraging discussion and interaction with the WoW Community as a whole. Vendor Trash is a returning show, as one of the most popular Warcraft podcasts from 2005 – 2008.
➢ Happy Hour Tavern - Saturdays @ 1pm EDT
○ The Happy Hour Tavern is a ‘morning zoo’ style show with hosts Kyle McCarley (Voice actor credits include Nier: Automata; Fire Emblem; Disgaea 5), Dustin Hendrickson, and “The Erik” Sanburn, collectively known as “The Donut Boys.” This show will have a special focus on the fan community of warcraft and blizzard games and the people who love them, sometimes more than considered normal! This show will feature a rotating series of segments including viewer vs. host trivia challenges, call in/voicemail from viewers, live and pre-recorded comedy sketches, fan film spotlights and so much more. The Donut Boys are known for releasing the first World of Warcraft teleplay series “The Chalice of Silvermoon.”
Obtén Wowhead Premium
para apoyar la web, ocultar los anuncios y disfrutar de funcionalidades Premium!
[Show 0 Comments]
[Hide 0 Comments]
Inicia sesión para publicar un comentario
Escribir un Comentario
No has iniciado sesión. Por favor
entra a tu cuenta
registra una cuenta
para añadir tu comentario.