In the 10-20 level range, a few more zones become accessible. Overall Los Baldíos
is considered the optimal zone for all Horde races to level in due to its large level range, high quantity of quests, and relative safety (as it is still considered Horde territory). Sierra Espolón
is also accessible once players reach level 16-20.Bosque de Argénteos
is a viable (albeit weaker) alternative to Los Baldíos
in this level range, although for Undead players it is the closest zone after Claros de Tirisfal
. Given that the zeppelin to Durotar
is nearby, Los Baldíos
can be accessed just as easily.
The Barrens (Horde territory)Los Baldíos
is a level 10-33 zone in central Kalimdor. Most of the quests will originate from Far Watch Post
, The Crossroads
, and Camp Taurajo
Far Watch PostRatchetThe CrossroadsCamp Taurajo
- Transit: Flight paths are located in The Crossroads, Ratchet, and Camp Taurajo.
- Terrain: The terrain of The Barrens can be described as a savanna plain with some small mountains throughout the zone. Overall, navigating and traversing The Barrens is relatively easy.
- Mob Density: Mobs tend to be spread out, although in some areas the mob density dramatically increases (Thorn Hill, The Forgotten Pools, etc). Avoid traveling past Camp Taurajo until closer to level 20.
- Notable Quest Rewards
Hezrul Marcasangre rewards Anillo de caza recompensas. Generally this is the first ring that players can obtain.
- Boticaria Zamah rewards Cucharón de caldero, in addition to a choice of either Elixir de entereza menor, Elixir de agilidad menor, Poción de Rejuvenecimiento menor, Poción de velocidad.
- El churumbele rewards Martillo de ingeniero or Escudo de soldadura. Generally this is the first Uncommon shield that players can obtain.
- El chillido del halcón trueno rewards Guantes de la Luna in addition to a choice of either Rodela de cobalto or Bastón de jinete del viento.
- Serena Sangrepluma rewards Espada corta elegante, Desollador de arpía, Hacha Zhovur.
- Cuevas de los Lamentos (intended for level 18+ players) is located southwest of The Crossroads. The quests for Wailing Caverns are outlined here.
- Horado Rajacieno (intended for level 28+ players) is located in the southern Barrens near the Great Lift. The quests for Razorfen Kraul are outlined here.
- Zahúrda Rojocieno (intended for level 36+ players) is located in the southern Barrens near the Great Lift. The quests for Razorfen Downs are outlined here.
: Alliance players are flagged by default in Contested zones, although Horde players are not. It is not common for Alliance players to run Cuevas de los Lamentos
, although many PvP encounters tend to occur at the entrances to Sierra Espolón
, and Las Mil Agujas